Important information for the 2022 season
- Players must have had a PIAA physical done within the last six months. A medical provider must fill out Section 6 for players who have not had a sports physical this year. Any players who had a physical for a fall/winter sport, the recertification material in Section 7 needs to be completed by a parent or guardian.
- Registration is open. At that time, you will need to register with USA Lacrosse and obtain your USA Lacrosse number. USA Lacrosse registration costs $35. This link is on the Meadville Bulldog Lacrosse registration form which is at meadvillelacrosse.net. The cost for the Meadville Lacrosse program is the same as last year, however, the cost of the fundraiser is now incorporated into the registration fee. When the fundraiser is collected by the player, that money will be kept by the player. This TOTAL cost continues to be below the cost of other northwest PA lacrosse programs even without their fundraisers. Our fundraiser is necessary due to an anticipated increased cost in player transportation this year. We offer several forms of payment and are open to payment plans.
- Meadville Lacrosse does not want cost to be a barrier to access. If a family anticipates any financial challenges for a player, please contact Treasurer Jennifer Grasinger or President Dominick DiRienzo prior to registration for information on assistance that may be available.
- Necessary waivers, forms and dues must be submitted by March 1 or player cannot participate. The cut-off to register to play with Meadville Bulldog Lacrosse JV/Varsity for the 2022 is once the first game occurs.
- New for 2022: A rule change from USA Lacrosse mandates that all players must have a chest protector that will protect players from cardiac arrest due to a blow to the heart area. This is a new standard and will require a new chest protector that meets the NOCSAE standard, ND200.
- Preseason workouts return in January! Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 5 for JV/Varsity, and Saturday, Jan. 8 is an OPEN GYM for all ages and for newcomers who want to see what lacrosse is all about. Please spread the word to all the young people you know! The workouts will continue most Wednesdays and Saturdays following until the season starts. See Team Snap for details or meadvillelacrosse.net.
- If you or someone you know is having trouble with TeamSnap please reach out to any board member
- Parent meeting is 6 p.m. Feb 16 at New Beginnings Church, we encourage parents to attend in person (following proper CDC guidelines at that time), however a virtual option will be available this year as well for those who are unable to attend in person.
Have a very Happy Holidays and GO DOGS!